Behavioural Therapy is one of the most effective form of therapies to address mental health problems. The treatment focuses on the present or current situation and seeks to identify and change the unhealthy and maladaptive behaviours. The goal of this approach is to reinforce the healthy / desirable ones and eliminate the negative / maladaptive behaviours.
Behavioural therapy can be beneficial to a range of mental health issues such as emotional problems, eating disorders, learning difficulties, stress, anxiety and depression. Nevertheless, it is also an effective intervention to help individuals with behavioural issues, developmental disorders, brain injury/disease, memory disorders and learning difficulties.
At our service, different therapy modalities in behavioural therapy will be used to meet clients' needs. For example:
1. Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA)
2. Positive Behavioural Support (PBS)
3. Picture Exchange Communication System (PCES)
4. Social Stories
5. Social Skills Training
6. Relaxation Training
7. Systematic Desensitisation
8. Exposure and Response Prevention Techniques
10. Behavioural Rehearsal and Homework
11. Aversion Therapy